Interested in gaining experience in higher education advocacy, social media, communications, research and community outreach? Apply for an internship with AICU Rhode Island!
We are always looking to engage local undergraduate and graduate students in our work supporting the independent higher education sector in Rhode Island. By interning at AICU Rhode Island, you will not only gain valuable experience in the nonprofit sector, but you will learn more about the independent higher education sector in Rhode Island, creating communication materials, and engaging with legislators, government officials, scholars and the media.
AICU Rhode Island is looking for dedicated undergraduate and graduate students for the following paid positions:
Social Media Intern – will assist in the development and distribution of social media content, informational materials, blog postings, draft press releases (open to undergraduate and graduate students)
Communications Intern – will work to develop communication materials, draft blog updates and create engaging articles (open to undergraduate and graduate students)
Research Intern – will aggregate and analyze data, review current academic literature related to higher education, and develop communication materials related to your research (open to rising seniors and graduate students only)
In order to be eligible for the position, all applicants must:
- Be matriculated in full-time undergraduate or graduate programs, or must have completed a degree within six months of application/inquiry
- Have an academic background in journalism, communications, political science, public policy, or social science
- Have an interest in state public policy and communications
- Be available part-time for four months, or the equivalent of one academic semester, and must be committed to at least 8-10 hours per week
In order to be considered for the position, all applicants must display the following competencies:
- Excellent reading, writing, communication, and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Proficiency in computers with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Internet research, web navigation, and social media platforms
- The ability to work well under pressure with poise, discretion, and judgment, particularly when engaging with high-level contacts
The following skills and competencies are preferred; applicants displaying these skills will have top priority:
- Drafting and editing skills for publications targeting external audiences
- Ability to do research, aggregate, analyze, and summarize information
This is a paid internship.
For more information and to apply, contact Panhia Lee, Communications & Member Relations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.