AICU Rhode Island is looking for a dedicated undergraduate student for the following paid internship:
Communications & Policy Intern – will work to assist in the development and distribution of informational materials, communication materials, draft blog postings/updates, press releases, monitor legislation, and provide research assistance. Expected duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create or update databases;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with streamlining association social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities;
- Posting Tweets on a daily basis (both job- and industry-related); and using tools like TweetDeck to plan forward-looking Tweets over weekends and holidays (under supervision from a Director);
- Build Facebook ‘likes’ by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns;
- Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build AICU Rhode Island social media footprint and reputation;
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their company profiles are accurate and up-to date;
- Conducting internet research;
- Draft correspondence, copy edit and proofread materials as requested.
In order to be eligible for the position, all applicants must:
- Be matriculated in full-time undergraduate or graduate programs, or must have completed a degree within six months of application/inquiry;
- Have an academic background in journalism, communications, political science, public policy, social science, or similar field;
- Have an interest in public policy and communications;
- Must be committed to 10 hours per week from May 22, 2018 to July 26, 2018 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
In order to be considered for the position, all applicants must display the following competencies:
- Excellent reading, writing, communication, and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in computers with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Internet research, web navigation, and social media platforms;
- The ability to work well under pressure with poise, discretion, and judgement, particularly when engaging with high-level contacts.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kelsey Tabela-Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 272-8270 ext. 3.